Carlisle School is the smartest, most beneficial investment you can make for your child. We are committed to making a Carlisle education affordable to families from a wide economic range. Carlisle strives to provide adequate assistance for as many students to attend as possible in an effort to enroll a socio-economically diverse student body. For the 2018-2019 school year, over $820,000 in aid was granted to families with students in grades K – 12.
- The Financial Aid Committee at Carlisle School uses a third party, School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS), for processing the financial aid application.
- Families seeking aid should make it known at the start of the admissions process.
- Prospective students must complete the Application for Admission before Carlisle will consider their requests for financial aid.
- Admission decisions are not affected by financial aid, and an award is made only after a student has been accepted.
- Financial awards are based on the family’s financial need, not on extraordinary academic ability or athletic ability.
- Families who qualify for financial aid may also be eligible for additional scholarship funding through The Carlisle Foundation.
A completed Parents’ Financial Statement https://sssbynais.force.com/familyportal/FamilyLogin? is the online application for determining a family’s ability to contribute to educational expenses. This system considers gross taxable and non-taxable income, assets, liabilities, family size and the number of students in tuition-charging schools or colleges. After an allowance for basic necessities and required taxes, the remaining funds are considered available for education on a sliding scale.
4 Things to Know about Financial Aid at Carlisle School:
- Paying for school is primarily the family’s responsibility. All families are expected to contribute to the cost of their student’s education. Grants do not cover 100% of tuition.
- By following the financial aid application steps and meeting deadlines, your family has a greater chance of receiving aid.
- Qualifying for an amount of financial aid does not guarantee an award. Aid is limited. The need for assistance always exceeds our resources; please take that into account and meet deadlines.
- Financial aid may be applied only to tuitions and fees. Expenses not covered include lunch, books, and transportation.
- Complete the financial aid application, the Parents’ Financial Statement- PFS, online at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents. If divorced or separated, the non-custodial parent must also submit a PFS as well as the appropriate tax forms by the same deadlines.
- The following supporting documents should be uploaded to School and Student Service (SSS) of NAIS:
– A complete copy of your last Federal Tax Return (including W-2s)
– A completed Business/Farm Statement (if applicable) along with complete business tax returns
– A completed copy of your new Federal Tax Return (including W-2s)
- Admissions acceptance packets will be mailed with the award letter for new students. Please note that before an award can be offered, new students must apply for admission and be accepted.
Contact Sandra Bailey, Admissions Officer, for additional questions. You may reach her by phone at 276-632-7288 ext. 242 or email email@example.com.