Ready to become a Chief?
Thank you for your interest in Carlisle School. Becoming a member of the Carlisle family takes just seven steps. Follow this checklist to ensure a completed application process for your child. We are happy to assist with the process and to answer any questions that may arise.
1. Join us for a School Tour
Whether through an Open House Event or scheduled tour, this important visit allows parents and students to see the campus, attend classes, and meet other students and faculty.
2. Complete the Application
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis, per space availability.
- Each application must be submitted along with a $100 application fee.
3. Schedule a Student Visit and Assessment
- Applicants are required to visit for a half or full day of classes in their current grade.
- An informal assessment, as well as a written assessment, will be performed while visiting.
- Formal assessment is required for Kindergarten & First Grade applicants. Please make a separate appointment with the Admissions Office for this testing.
4. Complete Student Evaluations
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: Applicants are required to submit a Parent Observation form and Teacher Recommendation (if applicable).
- Grades 1-12: Carlisle School requires two General Evaluations for students which can come from a teacher, guidance counselor or principal/headmaster.
- Grades 6-12: In addition to the General Evaluations forms, students applying to grades 6-12 must submit Math Evaluation and English Evaluation forms (to be filled out by the student’s current math and English teachers), and an Applicant Questionnaire (to be filled out by the student).
- To ensure confidentiality of all recommendations, we encourage the applicant or parent to sign the confidentiality agreement at the top of the evaluations and have the writer submit directly to the school in a sealed envelope.
5. Submit School Records
- Please complete the Records Release Form and give it to your student’s current school. The school records must include all standardized test results and any other educational or psychological testing.
- We require copies, not the originals, for our records.
6. Application Decision
All applications, with evaluations, transcripts, and on-site assessments, will be brought before the Admissions Committee, which meets periodically throughout the course of the year. Admission responses include acceptance (unconditional), acceptance (waiting pool), or denied at this time.
7. Apply for Financial Assistance
- For complete information on tuition and affordability, please click here.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid, please indicate this choice on the application form.
- To apply for financial aid, please visit the School & Students Services by NAIS. Students must first be accepted to Carlisle School before applying for financial aid.
For More Information